6/6- Taxing Pop Is NOT a Solution!

OH MY GOSH! The video was really disgusting! I think that the scare campaign would work for a few months on people, but I think that they would forget about it after and wouldn't care anymore. For me, I drink pop and eat junk sometimes, and I think that's fine. I usually drink pop when theres nothing else to drink, but I usually drink water or juice at home, but when im outside of the house I usually buy pop. We all know that pop is not good for our body because it has a lot of sugar which gives us more calories and it makes us more of a unhealthy person. I'll admit that I can finish 1 pop and I know everyone else can, and yes I think that the video some what help and it can help myself to be a healthier person. We also see many advertisement everywhere we go about "healthy food and dieting". I think that it is good to show advertisement about healthy food and diet because other would actually believe that it's true if we eat less junk food and less fatening food it will help us to be a healthier person and it would be easier for us to get even more active! I don't think that obesity in our nation is an epidemic of large proportions because our nation isn't that big of deal, compared to other countries. I think that obesity isn't as a big problem as it was back then. Well, in my opinion I think that if the new tax goes through in America and also Canada, I wouldn't really spend or use my money everyday buying chips or pop. It's because it will really make me an unhealthier person. So, if you want to be a healthy person eat&drink your vegetables, fruits, water, and juice! :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you said. Usually I also do drink water or juice at home, and only really drink pop if I'm not home. Since pop is so addictive and is something that you can easily get for a dollar, I think that's the reason why people tend to buy pop. When I watched the video clip that was attached to Ms.Arturi's blog I learned that you can gain about 10 pounds a year from drinking pop everyday. I understand that pop isn't healthy for you, which is why people shouldn't drink it so much. The video should inspire regular pop drinks to cut down their portions.

    ReplyDelete